Anadolu Kavagi Map
Click the Anadolu Kavagi map below to enlarge an image of this cruise route:
This is one of the more popular Istanbul day trips by boat along the Bosphorus towards the Black Sea Mouth at Anadolu Kavagi, Turkey.
Relaxing in the comfort of your own private yacht, you’ll initially set off to discover the delights of the Middle & Northern Bosphorus with a 1½ hour cruise along the European Side of the Bosphorus to see the main attractions – glide past the sights such as Dolmabahce & Çiragan Palaces, Ortakoy Mosque, Bosphorus Bridge, Rumeli Hisari, Arnavutkoy, Bebek, the towering turrets of the Rumeli Fortress, Yenikoy and its beautiful waterfront mansions.
This route takes you on a full-circle Bosphorus cruise of the strait, arriving at Anadolu Kavagi, a little fishing village by the sea. Situated on the Asian Side, this is one of the final ferry docks near the mouth of the Black Sea. Glancing upwards you’ll see the hilltop ruins of Yoros Castle, a Genoese castle overlooking the village and opposite shore to Rumeli Kavagi. Held by Byzantines, Genoese and the Ottomans, it was an ideal point to cast a Bosphorus chain across the strait and block invaders.
Here you’ll have about 45 minutes to 1 hour stop at leisure ashore, to enjoy a short stroll in the village and soak up the views, or have lunch in one of the Anadolu Kavagi restaurants (lunch not included). Or you can pre-book one of our lunch options for lunching on board en-route.
Then it’s time to set off Southwards for the 1½ hour cruise back to Istanbul, this time along the Asian Side of the Bosphorus. This side will awe you with some of the most ornate and historical Ottoman waterfront mansions, Anadolu Kavagi Castle, Faith Bridge, Beylerbeyi, Kucuksu and Hidiv Palaces, Anadolu Hisari, Kuleli Naval Academy and the picturesque villages of Cengelkoy, Kandilli and Kanlica.
Don’t forget to look out for dolphins, which can often be seen playing or hunting anywhere along this migratory route. This Black Sea day trip from Istanbul is a great way to spend a half day at leisure. Drop off at the pier or to your hotel.
- Unique views of the Bosphorus & mouth of the Black Sea, Anadolu Kavagi or Rumeli Feneri, fishing villages and fortresses.
- A fascinating Istanbul boat trip along the maritime lifeline of Istanbul
- Enjoy a stop on the Asian Side at Anadolu Kavagi fishing village
- A boat tour in comfort and a relaxing environment
- A yacht for you and your chosen companions only, nobody else
- A friendly captain and crew at your service
- A bar with great service for alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks (available for purchase on-board)
- Great photo opportunities to capture Istanbul’s top attractions, scenic views, fishing boats and fortresses and boats of all sizes
For those who would like to eat something on our yacht, or on land, we can offer these choices:
- Light Lunch served aboard: A variety of traditional Turkish mezes (cold appetizers), coffee and tea: 20 Euros per person. Available by advance reservation only.
- Lunch served aboard: A variety of traditional Turkish mezes (cold appetizers), your choice of grilled meat, fish or sautéed vegetables for main course, seasonal fruit for dessert, coffee and tea: From 40 Euros per person. Available by advance reservation only.
- Lunch on land: Alternatively we can arrange you a lunch reservation at a local restaurant at Anadolu Kavagi village, or you can go where you like on the day.
Black Sea Cruise to Anadolu Kavagi or Rumeli Feneri daily these times:
(duration: 4 hours)
Pick Up & Drop Off:
We can collect you right from your hotel or cruiseship in Istanbul with round-trip hotel transfers for pick-up and drop-off provided (FREE for European-side city-center hotels or cruiseships – see these Istanbul neighborhoods here), or from Kuruçeşme, Arnavutköy and Kabataş piers (European Side), or from Beylerbeyi and Kuleli piers (Asian Side), or from selected Bosphorus hotels and restaurants with their own piers (for hotel residents / with restaurant reservation). (From any other locations, apartments, suites, residences, B&Bs or private addresses, we will advise the nearest selected hotel or pier for you to come to for pick-up instead).
For Small Groups: Zoe Yacht is ideal for up to 12 guests.
For Larger Groups: We also offer a selection of medium to large yachts for other group sizes – please just email us with your requirements.
Why Our Guests Say About This Cruise:
Highlight of our Istanbul visit
We enjoyed a superb 4 hour cruise on The Bosphorus on board Zoe. She is a beautiful boat – much bigger than we imagined from the photos. The decks are teak, the seating is cream leather and she is impeccably clean.
The spacious cockpit area has a large teak table for dining and the upper deck has very comfortable seating with ample shade for watching the sights glide by. The skipper was very professional and the first mate explained about the buildings we passed without giving a nonstop commentary! We even saw dolphins on two occasions!
We chose to have lunch ashore and enjoyed freshly caught fish at Yosun waterside restaurant in Anadolu Kavagi. Because of Covid 19 we decided to have a private tour which was expensive by absolutely worth it. I can imagine it would be great fun to sail with friends and family and dine on board.
Zoe really is a fantastic vessel and we would highly recommend her. We organised the trip from the UK and found booking trouble free. The company answered all our questions by email.
Related Boat Trips:
Make a Reservation:
Select your preferred cruise date below to check real-time availability and book online - it’s instant and secure.
A truly magical experience... it was certainly the perfect way for friends to celebrate a special occasion. Thank you for all the lovely details, like the flowers and your staff’s helpfulness.
I would recommend this experience to anyone looking for an exclusive and impressive way to discover the Bosphorus.